Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Baggage and Your Life

As much as i would love to expland on this quote, Yogi Bhajan sums up "your baggage" pretty sweetly:
You have baggage; it has wheels and handle. WHen the handle breaks, that bag becomes a load. That's life, When you lost the handle of your own life and it is nor under your grip and control, you can't run it."  Yogi Bhajan    6/27/93
Another quote that I heard the other day while watching Yogi Bhajan's Lifecycles and Lifestyles DVD was (along the lines because I forget exactly how it goes):
We hesitate to meditate. Don't hesitate to meditate.
Meditation is getting you mind/life back under control. It's best to do it first thingin the morning. IT's the mental shower of spiritual cup of joe to start your day grounded. I personally find that when I meditate, I'm less nit picky on aspects of my day. I work in a very analytical job which can spill ouver my 9-5 work day. With Meditation, I find that I bring the calm, neutral, pleasant self to work......and a lot more focused. I find that my monkey mind doesn't wonder as much or be resentful about long hours if needed to get my job done. And it's basically because I have taken care of me before anyone, anything else = I was not forgotten.

Sat Nam

No comments:

Post a Comment